You will find more statistics at Statista
Looks like those over 60 are reluctant to buy digital media doesn't it? I remain unconvinced, especially where magazines are concerned.
I live in the UK and fall in that age bracket. I would choose the digital version in preference to a paper version. For me, it's far more convenient BUT in many cases I can't buy the digital version on it's own. I have to subscribe to the paper version and then pay extra for the digital version. In the few cases where I can buy a digital version on it's own, I get to pay VAT on my purchase which makes the digital version more expensive.
I would love to buy digital magazines but if I'm
- not paying for the felling of trees,
- not paying for transport to pulp mills
- not paying for making paper
- not paying to transport paper to printers
- not paying for magazines to be printed
- not paying for the shipping cost of delivering the paper magazine
- not paying for the eventual disposal of the magazine