Solving problems which prevent Facebook games working properly (Applies to all Facebook games)For game issues try:
- Refresh the browser page
- Clear the browser cache See http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache
- Can you not see all of the game screen or see an uneven edge to it? Try resetting the screen view size. First click in a blank area of the window. Then most browsers will let you reset the screen size by holding down Ctrl and tapping 0 (zero key but not the one on a number pad). If this doesn't work in your browser try doing it in Google Chrome browser. You'll find this resets the screen size of Flash in all browsers.
- Is movement jerky and difficult to control (referred to as 'Lag')? Restart the browser completely. Make sure you close ALL browser windows before reloading the page.
- Clear the Flash cache at http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
- Try a different browser. Chrome seems to work best; Internet Explorer seems to cause the most problems although Internet Explorer 9 has solved most of them.
- Check to see if it's a Facebook issue at http://developers.facebook.com/live_status
- Restart the computer
- Check to see if there is more than one version of Flash installed and delete any older versions. (Current version is 11.2.) If you are using a 64 bit browser then you may find things are helped by installing the 64 bit version of Flash available from Adobe.
- Check the page http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ This page tells you if you need to update your Flash player. If you right click in the Flash area (the bit that moves) you will get a menu which gives you the option to 'Show all'. Make sure 'Show all' is checked.
- Are you using Firefox and any add-ons? Mozilla have a web page about add-ons which slow down a browser. You should disable any of them you have installed to improve speed. The list is at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/performance/#addon-11
- If your browser is still slow then turn off the music, the sound effects, animation and reduce the graphic quality using the game options (often a gear cog icon).
- If your game fails to load completely or you get a server error message - There are often multiple servers hosting facebook games. It's possible that one may need restarting.
If you find this problem affects you, try this:
a. Close down ALL BUT ONE browser window
b. In the last window log off Facebook
c. Shut down your computer
d. Re-start your router/modem - if that gets you a new IP address (does for most)
e. Restart everything, log on again and restart the game
Hopefully that will get you on a different server but you have a chance of getting the same bad one so you may have to do it again :(
The same method MAY work if you are badly affected by lag.
- Panic and raise the problem on the game's discussion board.