|Flu shot image - Fox News|
- There were 128,000,000 flu shots given last year in the US alone.
- Current prices for the shot can be calculated fairly easily as follows. (These are NOT bulk purchase prices which may well be lower):
- 10 flu doses - $15.38
- 10 disposable needles & syringes - $4.59
- 200 alcohol prep pads - $3.49
One doctor, very much against the annual flu shot is Dr Mercola. He cites evidence that there are more effective prevention methods than flu shots. His suggestions also help prevent or lessen the effects of other flu like diseases such as the common cold.
- Vitamin D can be 4 to 10 times more effective. The best results coming from people who got vitamin D by exposure to sunlight. Failing that krill oil, fatty fish such as tuna, mackerel, and salmon are good sources. Take as a prevention.
- Garlic. Take as a prevention.
- Zinc supplements - Up to 50mg per day but only when you have symptoms of cold or flu.
- Vitamin C. Take as a prevention but step up the amount if you have symptoms
- A tea made from a combination of elderflower, yarrow, boneset, linden, peppermint and ginger; drink it hot and often for combating a cold or flu. It causes you to sweat, which is helpful for eradicating a virus from your system.